CONVERT YOUR GLASS SLIDES INTO DIGITAL DATA
Digitization of “classical” glass slide information is an essential approach for a more reliable, fast and efficient work in medical environments of cytology, histology and cytopathology.
The main advantages of a digital slide library are:
• Safe storage of confidential patient information
• Installation of a database for long-term scientific work
• Easy day to day routine operation
• Sharing clinical expertise
• Worldwide networking possible
In clinical consultations of an additional expert, digitized patient information can be sent around the world for a “second opinion” from an international specialist. Confidential samples remain protected, proprietary patient data are kept safe. MoticEasyScan is an efficient instrument for producing and sharing high-quality images from different sources. Simple and easy, the implemented software also allows inexperienced users a quick and reliable data acquisition.
Moreover, digitized slides are a fast and easily accessible tool for modern teaching situations. Hundreds of slides, some of them delicate and of historical origin, or rare cases can be presented in an identical quality to every student. Typical characteristics, single anomalies: thanks to internet access students can work from home in an efficient educational experience:
• No risk of broken slides
• Identical information for every student
• Database accessible 24/7
IMPROVE YOUR DAILY WORKFLOW. MAKE IT EASY.
By implementing an especially designed High NA Plan Apochromatic objective 20X/0.75, color fidelity and resolution power is driven to the maximum. The combination with a large 2/3” CCD sensor reduces the scanning time significantly by capturing a large area within a split second, at the same time allowing to display image detail information of a high power 40X lens.
The “progressive scan” mode ensures high mechanical stability by minimizing moving parts.Thanks to the Autofocus concept based on a separate camera, pre-mapping is no longer necessary – an essential requirement for a fast image acquisition. The automatic detection of tissue area (ROI) within the complete glass slide may be overwritten interactively for time-saving purposes.
Customized scanning modes may be chosen for the single slides within the slide carrier. A “wavy” sample may need the “High-Precision” Autofocus (with a multiple focus approach) instead of the Standard AF.
Thick sections can be treated with the “z-stack” mode or the “EDOF” mode (maximum projection). Both techniques first create the digital database for a chosen number of sample layers. The EDOF mode additionally projects all areas in focus into one final image result.
The built-in 10 Watt LED with ≥ 25.000 hours life time supplies a neutral image background for bright field samples with optimized color temperature of 5500~6000K.
The slide trays accept a wide slide dimension tolerance - no high-priced glass slides are needed. Slide labeling through a barcode enables the implementation of the scanning process into the daily workflow.
The standard scanning settings are password protected and may be modified according to individual requirements. Once the tray is loaded, one simple click starts the Motic EasyScanner software and produces high quality images for further usage.
High Precision scan- Used for flatness slide or requirement for high precision image
EDOF scan- Used for thick slide with low light-transmission
Z-Stack scan - Used for slide with 3D reconstruction
Once the glass slide information is transferred into a digital format, diverse image handling can be processed by the DSAssistant Viewer software.
• Viewer interface with image thumbnails and basic image information
• Subsequent image improvement for final image adjustment
• Record of positions with free annotation options
• Measurements for quantification purposes; scalebar
• Overlay with free editing of grids, masks to facilitate size estimates and counting
• Encryption of slide information for data security
• Side-by-side image comparison (reference image vs. current case)
• Synchroneous movement/zooming of 2 images or ROIs
• Image export in proprietary .DS format, in .jpg, .jpg2000 format and .svs format
• DS format for combining image information with additional data (PDFs, WORD reports, patient barcode)
A multiplication of data users is enabled by:
• Use of image data on local PC/server and upload on Cloud server
• Digital Slide Management software for Internet slide library
• Conference tool for group discussions and education with definable user rights (read/write)
• Free download of viewer software Motic DSAssistant
• Data export for 3rd party software compatibility.